Monday, September 28, 2015

There's Coffee in the House!

Happy National Coffee Day September 29!

This shadow box represents in miniature the items that I remember in my grandmother's home.


I should note that I took the photo at an angle so that you wouldn't see my reflection in the mirror which I made with a bottle cap frame.

Because I want to enter this in the Prima September contest HERE, (I'm #19)  I'm giving you a sneak peak of my project which will be the focus of my article on October 3 at Unruly Paper Arts blogozine.  The article will include a brief family history of each item.  At that time, I will have a companion post here on my blog with photos of the actual items that now reside in my home.

Prima resins furnished the house.  Because my grandma's furniture was white, I didn't alter the color but I did stain the wood trim.


I'm also entering this room photo in the Coffee Lovers Fall Blog Hop HERE. I'm #372
The coffee cup represents my grandma's china which I now possess as seen in the photo below. Coffee was very important to my mother.  She said when sugar was rationed, she got used to drinking coffee without it, but she could never give up her cream! I drink my coffee black but it must be flavored!


Please come back in October to learn more!!!!

Here are the Prima products I used:

Altered Doll House
910891
Ingvild Bolme Foyer Resins and Antique Tub
    

Update 10/20/15.  I didn't win the Prima contest, but my house was a featured entry in the Prima winners article HERE

30 comments:

Ceal said...

Beautiful project! thanks for sharing

VanessaB said...

Wow. Amazing project!

Olga Direktorenko said...

This is simply incredible! I could spend hours examining all the fabulous details!

CarlavdM said...

ooohh....this is just soooooooooooo wonderfull Hélène.
So much to look at and it brings back memories too ;o)

Unknown said...

i love miniatures and this is really great!

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW wow WOW
Your shadowbox is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - SO MUCH DELICATE detail - LOVE IT ALL!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! Great project! So many wonderful, gorgeous details! Just beautiful!
Take care!
Michele

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful sneak peek of your shadow box, Helene, love that tiny cup! Happy hopping!

Words and Pictures said...

Simply wonderful - the nostalgic details, recollecting the objects and furniture from your grandma's house, are wonderful. Love how you've stained the wooden chair legs, and I can't wait to get a closer look when you reveal it at UPA.
Alison xx

Shelly said...

Wow! This is amazing!!

Hetty said...

Happy Coffee Day! Your projects is AWESOME!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely tribute and memory of your grandmother - love all of the little sections - and the coffee one is so cozy!

Ann said...

So adorable.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a beautiful & memorable project. LOVE it!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a neat project, every detail is perfect!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is just beautiful.

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, this project is simply amazing! Love all of the beautiful details you added!

None None said...

Oh my goodness, this is just incredible! I love the detail you added and the memories and story behind each item must be so poignant. Such an amazing project - thank you for sharing it with us!

~amy~ said...

WOW! What an amazing keepsake! This is truly gorgeous...any ideas how much time you put into it?

D.Ann C said...

Amazing shadow box!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS shadow box! I just ordered one...not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Love yours!

Happy Dance said...

What a wonderful way to keep treasured memories alive for generations to come. This is just fantastic, and a real labor of love. How much work and love went into this! Incredible. Bev

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous altered project!!! So much details and beautiful elements! Bravo!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LOVE everything about your project - you put so much into it!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Brandi R said...

Wow! What a fantastic project!!! ♥

Lisa said...

Wow!! Awesome... I've never seen anything like this... it's like a little tiny doll house... I have my grandmother's teacups too... they are in a cupboard... but someday I will do something really cool with them.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Beautiful!

AmethystCat said...

awww - so sweet - wonderful work

Annie said...

What a gorgeous keepsake! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful creation of a shadow box...reminds me of my grandmother's home, in fact the one picture of the chair and end table is almost a duplicate of her chair she loved to read the paper in. Love it.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album