Monday, August 11, 2014

It's a Man Thing Part 2

It's a Man Thing is winding up as the week's theme at Tag Tuesday.

I decided to use this clever digital image that I received in the Gone Fishing digital set from Stitchy Bear Stamps as part of my prize when I won the random draw at Mema's Crafts Challenge.  I kept my tag CLEAN AND SIMPLE.

You can see all the tags from the players at Tag Tuesday HERE.



I started with the Stitchy Bear image and printed it on white card stock, positioning it lower on the page so that I could cut it into a tag shape.  I colored the image with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers: crushed olive, broken china, tumbled glass, and antique linen as well as Prismacolor 197 Green Tea.

Then I ran some Fancy Pants 1/2" chalk tape through a Darice embossing folder for my measuring tape across the bottom of the tag.  I used a Sizzex embossing folder to add some circle "fish bubbles" to the top of the tag which I decorated with some half pearls (you always find pearls in the ocean, right?) If you have this embossing folder, then you know the circles are different sizes so I randomly placed 3 different sized half pearls in their matching circles.

The trim is from a black vegetable bag, and the green is some trim I often use in beach projects because I think it looks like a fish net. Really putting that fish necklace to work that I was given at the Neptune Wine Festival. It's been cut up for embellies and placed on several of my projects. I finished with a bit of baker's twine to resemble fishing line.

Entering these challenges:

Tag You're It:  Challenge # 3 sketch challenge  combined with CASe this Sketch Challenge #87
As you can see, I flipped the sketch so the white space is on the left as part of the image; and the stripes are horizontal rather than diagonal, again, part of the image.



Mema's Crafts:  August Anything Goes

Country View Challenges:  Word Play  This is not a sentiment.  I thought this cheeky digital image was perfect for this challenge!

Artistic Inspiration Challenge 104:  Anything Goes pocket or tag

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Brilliant, loving the sentiment, so true!

Linda Simpson said...

Love the sentiment and loving the cute fish.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous tag - love that sentiment - great project!
xx

ddazzled71 said...

Too funny Helene, what a great quote and your tag is beautiful! xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this totally made me laugh! What a fun sentiment! Great take on the sketch!

Lisa Arana said...

snort! that is a fabulous quote. lol. LOVE this tag. thank you so much for playing along with the tag you're it challenge.

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun tag--love that quote! And I love the netting that you tied to the top of the tag!

Mandy said...

What a fabulous tag you made, so glad you are using your prize that you won from Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet

Love and best wishes

Mandy (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

Papercrafting Princess said...

Every element is beautiful! Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Mema's Crafts. Princess – DT Member

Micupoftea said...

This is so cool, Helene! Love the texture and colors. Your tags have such great variety :)

Words and Pictures said...

Hilarious words - and what a beautiful tag ... I love the white on white texture with those fab little pearly accents, and the fishnet topping - so cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album