Monday, January 23, 2012

White

This weekend at the Flying Unicorn Polar Bear Pajama Party (crop) one of the challenges was to make an all white tag.  This also just happened to be the challenge over at Tag Tuesday. 

This is my first time participating in Tag Tuesday.

This tag has special significance because I used some of things given to me by the Flying Unicorn members.  The crocheted butterfly and 3 crocheted flowers are made by Cathi.  The lace at the top and bottom came from Bitsy in her Secret Santa box to me.  

The clock is a Ruby Rock-It Avalon sticker from the Flying Unicorn storeHeartwarming Vintage Crafty Secrets made the Once Upon a Time sticker as well as the little girl which I fussy cut and put inside the envelope.  I love how her thumbs are hooked over the edge of the envelope--just too perfect.  I made the tag from white corrugated cardboard.  I tore some strips of French text, also from Cathi, and glued them on the tag, then painted on some gesso and added Picket Fence Crackle to tone down the text. 

I plan to put this tag in my calendar book which is a work in progress.

24 comments:

Netty said...

Wow this is a beautiful and very special tag. Annette x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A thing of beauty. Precious and looks authentically vintage.
I have fallen head over heels with this little creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag! Valerie

PetraB said...

So beautiful and precious.

1CardCreator said...

What a lovely tag Helene, I love all the beautiful lace and embellishments, made even prettier by the special meaning it holds for you. . This turned out perfectly!

Zoechaos said...

Missed seeing this one, it is beautiful wonderful to be able to use your wonderful gifts on it. XOXO Zoe

Jane Wetzel said...

this is beautiful... tfs :)

Vicki Romaine said...

Beautiful tag.

Ali Manning said...

Wow - this is stunning! Ali

Sharon said...

Yay I can leave a comment!! This is just stunning Helen - the white textures & images are just beautiful!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous! Wow- so many cool elements on this tag- love the crocheted butterfly and flowers- love the little girl image- love the clock- love it all!

Yvonne said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag!

Lynn Stevens said...

Its darling Helene. I adore all white and its extra special since so many of the things came from the members, Cathi sent me some of her gorgeous butterflies. Yum Yum
Hugs Lynn

Micupoftea said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the white on white, texture, dimension and pearls. TFS~

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful white creation.

Yvonne said...

This is STUNNING!

Alexa said...

Gorgeous tag - so many shades yet all in white!!

trisha too said...

What a beautiful tag, Helene, really gorgeous!

Gerri Herbst said...

This is the most beautiful thing! I love all those white layers. Missing everyone at Flying U...getting settled in our new home. do take care, gerri

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning Helene! Glad to see you haven't slowed down! lol!

Starr said...

Oh Helene, my fav among favs! This little creations is so elegant and refreshing!

Michele said...

this is just beautiful! i think i'd like to enter these challenges as well. i've never done a creation in all white. you've provided inspiration! xo from michele

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Helene, this is a fantastic creation! Love your white on white and so many different layers... it's a beauty!

Yvonne Moxon said...

Lovely tag so sweet and I love the butterfly

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album