Friday, January 13, 2012

Today

The Flying Unicorn started a new feature this month, called Today.  It's the first thing you see when you go to the site.  Those of us on the creative team are taking turns posting our work on Today.  All the posts stay up, you just need to scroll down to see them all.  My turn was yesterday.  Our product feature this week is Graphic 45.


I had fun making this little journal with the new G45 line, Tropical Travelogue.  I loved the sketch cards and envisioned them in a nature lover's pocket travel guide.


I have been a fan of Graphic 45 paper collections since the day I started scrapbooking.  Their color palettes and vintage designs fit my style. 

The new Tropical Travelogue collection offers so many crafting possibilities.  I decided to make an accordian folder.  Can you picture a nature lover visiting the tropics and recording the sites in this little sketchbook?
Huber CT FUL G45 product accordian mini2012-01-jpg
The covers are made with real wood thick cherry.  After cutting the wood veneer to size, I dabbed on some Ranger Walnut Stain.  I covered the back sides with G45 paper.  Then I scored the strip of cards and folded them accordian style.  I glued each end onto a wood cover followed by embellishing the covers.

Here is the front cover.  In addition to the stickers from the Tropical Travelogue collection, I used a G45 metal flower and a vintage earring as the flower center as well as a Holtz hitch fastener. The alphas are by Authentique. The Graphic 45 papers, metal flowers, and Authentique alphas are available from the Flying Unicorn.
Huber CT FUL G45 Product Tropical Travelogue mini album cover 2012-01-jpg

Here is the inside when you open the cover.  You can see how I notched the strip and glued it to the covers.  I used Ranger Walnut Distres Ink to edge the paper.
Huber CT FUL G45 product accordian album front inside2012-01-12
Then I turned it over and added additional images to the accordian folder.  You also can see the back cover in this photo on which I used more G45 stickers from this collection.
Huber CT FUL G45 Tropical Travelogue Product Accordian Album inside2012-01-12

10 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job on this one, Helene! Loved your mini!

Stacy H-W said...

Wow! Amazing project! Really special.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a really special piece! Valerie

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous Helene I love how you put all of these gorgeous images together. The cover is awesome.

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous book, Graphic 45 papers are luxurious aren't they? Thank you for the intro to Flying Unicorn it is such a fabulous group very friendly and packed full of inspiration. XOXO Zoe

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful project, this booklet looks fantastic.

Georgie Horn said...

LOVE the accordian book! come by for a huge giveaway!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-huge-giveaway-what-do-you-have.html

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a gorgeous accordion book, love the vintage elegance and the images are just lovely!
Hugs, Joanna xx

Sandi McLean said...

Great book! I do like the addition of the wood veneers - a bit of substance. Of course G45 my fav...have you had a look at the old Curiosity Shoppe? And Little Darlings I am sure will have you swooning! Hugs,

Anita Scroggins said...

Helene - WHERE did you get these images??? I really need those flamingos!! Love your art here - all so lovely. I miss everyone over at Bella. Hope you are all well!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album