Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ballet Memory Tag

There are 5 days left to create a tag with this beautiful ballerina image from the Gecko Galz Tiny Dancer ephemera set and enter it in the Oh La La group July challenge at Bella Creations.  We have some amazing entries so far.


Even though I moderate the Oh La La group and am ineligible for the prize from our sponsor (a Gecko Galz ephemera set of choice to one lucky winner chosen at random), I wanted to play along.  Here is my tag.  As soon as I saw this beautiful image, I knew I had to choose it as this month's image for the challenge.  I immediately thought of the ballet, Swan Lake.  I hope you like my interpretation.


The muted colors and style are inspired by my personal muse, Lynne Moncrieff.  Like Lynne, I'm telling a story:  The lovely Odette was asked by her favorite gentleman caller to accompany him to the ballet, Swan Lake.  How could she refuse?  She anxiously awaited what she hoped would be the perfect evening.  Finally, the time arrived, cloaked in chivalry.  The morning after the ballet, she gathered souvenirs of their time together to place in her memory envelope:  ticket to the ballet, a bit of Tchaikovsky's musical score from the program,  photo of the prima ballerina assoluta from a handbill, the hatpin she wore, a dried rose from the bouquet he presented her with, and, most importantly, his calling card upon which he wrote, This card entitles the recipient to one sweet kiss. As she slipped the card inside the envelope, a discreet smile crossed her lips.  Yes, it was a most memorable evening indeed.


ok, creative writing isn't my strong suit but I had to give it a try.....




I used the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Classic Paper Pack which I won from the flying unicorn.  One patterned piece I fussy cut and then glued back together to form a "souvenir" pocket tag.  I took another piece, the sheet music, and wet distressed it, then inked it up before putting it inside the tag. The paper pack also includes some frames and letters.  I cut out the four letters to spell swan, put them on cardboard inchies, distressed them with Colorbox Liquid Chalk ink, and glued them down across the bottom of the tag.  I won from Crafty Secrets the  Heartwarming Vintage Creative Scraps Altered Fairies 09 from which I cut and distressed the Admit One Fairy Dance ticket.


I searched the Graphics Fairy for some ephemera and settled on the swan image as well as a calling card.  The pink rose also is from the flying unicorn store.  The stick pin is from Melissa Bove.  The rest of the items are from my stash.


Several of you who follow my blog have already entered your tags. (You know who you are, and thanks so much for playing!)  I hope more of you will be inspired to do so as well.  Come join us in the Oh La La group at Bella Creations.  You have until midnight central USA time on the last day of the month (July 31) to post your tag in the Oh La La group.  We'd love to see you there!

22 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous Helene :-)

Lacee broyles said...

well this is so fabby!!! I might come to your house and steal it...I do have your addy!!! LOVE IT HELENE!!!!

Sandi McLean said...

I am with Lacee! It might be a gang of us breaking in. As always I am in awe of your process and details. If I heard the details I would envision it just as it actually is.

Starr said...

Helene, you've brought tears to my eyes. Simply stunning....

Micupoftea said...

Helene~ ultra feminine and so elegant!!

Cathy said...

Wow, Helene, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the sweet story that goes along with it as well as your background and your music! You have an amazing talent!

Carla said...

Stunning tag ......love it and I love the story and the music!

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW--this is gorgeous and I love how it says "Swan!" Brilliant!

XO
Cindy

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, very soft and feminine! Valerie

Michele said...

your story is quite lovely Helene! and the tag -- c'est magnifique!

Sharon said...

This is just beautiful!! i love all the elements adn embellishments - such a peaceful and serene image!!!

Chris said...

What a beautiful, beautiful tag and I just so love your story, too.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Helen
This has quite literally taken my breath away. I eventually tore my eyes away from the artwork to read the tale of love and I am mesmerised, caught up in the rapture of their time spent together.
This image will be so hard to top as you know it has been my personal favourite so far.
To be anyone's Muse is something I never anticipated but to be the Muse of someone whose own artwork I admire greatly and someone who I admire as a person, well that is quite a lot to take in. You have always been so encouraging and supportive.
Now I cannot wait for the August Oh La La challenge :)
Wishes and thank you for sharing your beautiful art.
Lynne

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful collage card Helene, you did Lynne proud!
hugs Lynn

Gisèle said...

Helene, this is stunning...So feminine and elegant..Your story is wonderful, I love the idea of the pocket with the souvenirs of the evening..C'est très romantique !! And I adore the letters...

Willy said...

Wonderful creation!

Carol Salisbury said...

Creative writing may not be your strong suit but you had me from start to finish! That was a wonderful story and illustrated beautifully with your pocket. Love, Love, Love it!!!

Terry said...

This is a show stopper! Absolutely beautiful!

Eve said...

what a beautiful card!! luv esp. how you did, with the letter tiles! Absolutely beautiful!! :-)

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous!

~Linda

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful and romantic piece.

judyjstamper said...

card and story are Beautiful. enough said :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album