Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Shabby Tea Party

The Shabby Tea Room is celebrating its first birthday with a party.  We're to create something to celebrate the occasion, and there are lots of prizes from the Tea Room sponsors.

The Shabby Tea Room has some new features including a feature list of Shabby Girlfriends.  I discovered I'm one of them because last fall I was chosen as one of Tea Time Terrific Top Three for a challenge I entered. So of course I had to celebrate!
For the party I created my own Shabby Tea Pot!  It's a shaped card with an unmounted tea bag tag (I merely positioned it for the photo). You can reverse the tag and write or stamp on it come for tea, thinking of you let's celebrate or happy birthday.  Then after the event, the tag can be reversed as shown.

I enlarged and printed the Shabby Tea Room logo tea pot,  traced it onto cardboard and cut it out.  I covered it with one of the My Mind's Eye Pretty Please Spring Papers.  It's almost identical to the Shabby Tea Pot in color and design.  I ran the paper through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder, just to give the pot a little extra pizzazz.  Then I outlined the pot with Adirondack Metallic Pearl Paint Dabber. The My Mind's Eye paper pad also included some paper embellishments so I cut out the oval and the tag.  I added Pink Paislee Enchanting alphas, and decorated them with a white Signo pen.  You can't have a party without tea in the teapot, so I'm brewing up some Shabby Girlfriend Celebration tea, as stated on the teabag tag.  A genuine vintage button adorns the teapot lid.  I've decorated the teapot with lace and Prima flowers.  I love how the squiggles look like steam coming from the spout.


Debbie's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room Week #53 Party Time  
Update:  I'm one of the 12 Honorable Mentions from the 162 entries! And I won Melissa's Shabby Pocket!

Spring papers, spring flowers, I think this also qualifies for: 
Vicki's challenge over at her blog The Cheerful  Stamp PadChallenge #13 Is It Spring Yet?
because I'd ask you to sit a spell on my deck to watch the birds nesting and see the flowers blooming as we sip a spot of tea!

22 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is totally adorable. Great job on a really fun creation. I love using backs of my Tags and odd shaped cards and an Invite is a great idea.
Thanks for the inspiration. Good Luck with the Challenge

Valerie-Jael said...

A great creation, love your tea pot and the colours and trimmings, even if I am a coffee drinker!

Robin Shakoor said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning!

Debbie said...

So shabby ... so pretty ... so AMAZING - WOW!!! How clever of you to enlarge the tea pot and use it for a template! All the embellies you've added just make for a stunning card design! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

Vicki Romaine said...

Helene, This little teapot is beautiful and it is the ultimate Spring creation. Thanks so much for joining "Is It Spring Yet?" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. I do hope you will return often.

1CardCreator said...

Love this!The colors and details are gorgeous! ~Diane

Netty said...

Beautiful teapot Helene, and great embellies. Have a good week, Annette x

Micupoftea said...

You don't merely craft, you create little works of heart! Clever to use the same shape as the site logo. I especially like the reversable tag!

Lori said...

Love it! So very shabby chic!

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh my my...who said anything about shabby.LOL. This piece is wonderful. The colors, the flowers, everything is oh so beautiful. Im a follower now, I just had to. Take care, dearie, Gerri

Michele said...

Helene: this very well qualifies for the "is it spring yet?" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! what a beautiful spring-y teapot! thanks for joining the challenge. xo

Trees said...

Such a lovely tea pot! love all the details, thanks for joining us at the shabby tea room.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Helene, this is amazing!! Beautiful creation indeed!! HUGE congratulations on being a Shabby Girlfriend and for the honorable mention!! :D

Terry said...

By far the prettiest tea pot I have seen! Love this with all of the details and layers!

Beverly Sager said...

Quite lovely! Has a genuine tea party flavor! BeBe

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I hope my invite is in the post. You obviously hold the prettiest, shabby chicest party.
Wonderful attention to detail.
Have a greaset week.
Lynne

Lesley said...

Hi there Helene, this is such a pretty shabby tea pot. Love all the details.
You have a lovely blog.

BelleSouth said...

NEW TAG TUESDAY!

I don't pretend to be Louise but I will really miss Tag Tuesday, so I am picking up the challenge! Come join as at this address:

http://bellesouth-blogchallengegarden.blogspot.com/

AND COME BACK EVERY TUESDAY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE!

Thanks very much!!!!!

Rebecca

Tolegranny said...

Now that is beautiful. Love the colours

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I'm sure this bres just the perfect cup cuz it's the perfect pot a tea all gussied up for a party!

Starr said...

Helene, I love your little teapot.The colors are lovely as well as your embells!

Linda M. Cain said...

This is so adorable! I LOVE it!

~Linda

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album