Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Tag

The Design Team started a new term on December 1st.  Like a comfy old chair and a cozy pair of house slippers, Pages In Time is a perfect fit for me.  So, of course, I agreed to stay on for another 6 months.
We welcomed five new incredibly talented women to our awesome design team....Carrie Taylor, Starr L Timmons, Sandi McClean, Shawn(mycupoftea), and Charlotte( Suepup). Please visit their personal blogs on my left sidebar and congratulate them!

The new term also means a new Design Team logo from Karen (PIT founder).  She decided to go steampunk. I chose one of the two possibilities and created a DT badge which I posted on my left sidebar.  Click on it, and it magically transports you to Pages In Time.  Next, Karen has asked each Design Team member to create something with one of steampunk images, so my creation will be posted here in the near future.

At Pages In Time, I'm continuing to moderate my Tags and Things group.  The November/December themed ATCs are rolling in now for me to swap out and return to participants.  We're also following along with Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas tutorials.  Karen is offering a prize to one lucky participant in our Tags group who completes all 12 tags.  The prize will be by random draw so everyone has an equal chance of winning!  If you're making the 12 tags, why don't you join us at Pages In Time?  We just completed our tag mingle.  Here's the tag that I made to mail out:

I used the Nutcracker theme challenge from the What Do You Ink? group at Pages In Time.  I found this beautiful digital image of Clara at McMahon 5 Designs.  After coloring her with my Copics and cutting her out, I used foam adhesives to place her on a tag I made from Making Memories Mistletoe music paper (the green ink is glittery) .  I used some Shabby Shutters Distress ink on the tag.Various trims in my stash filled in the tag.  On top are Making Memories holly leaves and berry brad.  The 25 is a Graphics 45 tag mounted on a cardboard inchie.

I'M ALSO ENTERING THIS TAG IN THE SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW CHALLENGE.

The first of the month also means a new Pages In Time kit which you can get through the website.  This is such a beautifully coordinated kit and add-ons for the month of December:


And here's this week's Thursday sketch. There's a direct link on my left sidebar to the PIT Thursday sketches.

13 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific tag. Annette x

Terry said...

Congratulations on your continuation with Pages In Time. Lucky them! I better run over to Tim's and check out the tags! So much going on this time of year that I forgot it started!!! Love the tag you created. The greens are stunning and adding the red bow to the Holly leaves is so festive.

Art By Wanda said...

A beautiful tag!!!

Shelley said...

Beautiful tag, simply georgous. And I love that badge, I'm off to click it and see where it whisks me away.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh wow, congratulations, Helene and good luck with the new team :)))) That is one beautiful tag!! Perfect colors and wonderful image. Have a good day and take care there!! xoxo.

Yvonne said...

Congrats, Helene on your new term with Pages in Time! Looks like you have been busy creating wonderful things. Best Wishes!

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Helene, What a great new badge, kudos to you!
I can't wait to see your Steampunk! Your tag is lovely as is your Christmas music playing :0)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Helen, congratulations on your continued stay with Pages In Time. They are incredibly lucky to have such a talented lady on their team.
Your tag takes us back to a more gentle time. Adorable to say the very least.
Thanks for visiting my Blog today and leaving such a sweet comment. Your name is on the list for the Giveaway. Have a lovely weekend. Lynne M x

Sue McMahon said...

Helene! Clara turned out so beautiful on your stunning tag! Fantastic project! And your music is so fitting for her! She feels right at home here! LOL! Beautiful and thanks for sharing! HUGS, Sue

VAWM said...

Helene congrats on continuing on the DT! You are a fabulous artist and I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How sweet, luv it!

Lori said...

Awesome tag, and those kits look so yummy! yay for you staying on the DT!

Vicky said...

gorgeous tag :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album