Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Card for Pages In Time challenges

This is one of those ten minute cards that took a tad bit longer to complete. First, after searching the internet sites for freebie image of a monkey, I discovered I had one in my stash from an image swap I did eons ago. This is a Stampendous image. Second, I took some time coloring it as I hadn't used my Copics in quite some time. Third, I decided to find a flower center and scrounged around until I came upon this Heidi Grace chipboard set that just happened to have the perfect center in both color and size. I had recently purchased some pastel cards on sale so I pulled out a yellow one. I added the patterned paper left over from a layout that I made at least a year ago---and finished with some Creative Cafe felt loop trim. I love that I used 4 old things in my stash! Now my description of the night's events does sound like it should have taken only ten minutes or so. But anyone who knows how I work, knows better than that!

Challenges from the Pages In Time Design Team:
Andrea: July Color Challenge to use one of her posted June color combos: I chose the brown, yellow, blue, green combo as that matched perfectly the patterned paper.
Marie: July Card Challenge

14 comments:

Terry said...

Well your ten minute card is just too cute! It takes me longer than 10 minutes to gather up what I need and then it is always wrong!

Lori said...

Very cute card! Way to use that stash! lol

D said...

What an adorable image! I love the colors.

Betty Anne said...

What a cute card, I just love the monkeys.

Scrapamum said...

What an adorable card Helene!

fairyrocks said...

Love the ten minute card story,
Isn't that just the whole story!!!
Too funny. Its always great to use the stash!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Your little monkey sure put a smile on my face! cute as can be, You should send it in to Take Ten!

scrappygal said...

A very cheerful card!! It is so wonderful!!

Lacee broyles said...

This is sooo cute!!!! Love the monkeys!!

Unknown said...

So this card is super cute and I love your vintage coke logo blog! Love it.

Unknown said...

Awesome card Helene. I think you missed your calling!

Unknown said...

Awesome card Helene. I think you missed your calling. Any plan to start selling them????

Clare Lloyd said...

such fun!

Anonymous said...

So completely cute! Brought a smile instantly to my face!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album