Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BIRTHDAY CARDS

It's my SIL's birthday so we've been busy making cards at my house.
Through Soartful challenges, I found two images, the Enchanted Castle and Gowned Lady, from Pringle Hill Studios. I actually figured out how to layer a png file with a jpeg file to create the image. This lovely lady,wearing a Stickle sparkled gown, is walking back to the castle for some birthday cake.  I used the July sketch challenge from Simply Crafting Scraps:

Now I'd like to introduce you to the wonderful work of two young ladies who are new to the world of card making:
The girls were home for the holiday weekend at the lake.  While here, they decided to raid my craft room and make cards for their aunt. 
DD1 knew exactly what she wanted.  Falling in love with the Maya Road owls, she chose two and searched my stash for the perfect branch for them to perch on.  (branch actually an arm from Tim Holtz' snowman grungeboard)  She hunted for a specific color green which she found on the Prima Flower cardboard packaging.  So we cut the center out for her card mat.  I suggested using a couple of  Spellbinder's Nestabilities for a focal point.  After looking through my handful of Happy Birthday stamps, she chose to use part of the SU stamp as a branch for her owl.

Next up is DD2 who likes looking through my magazines for inspiration.  She used my Prima flowers from my Pages In Time kit (how could I say no?)
She dug through the button box and came up with this assortment, added twine, and turned them into flower centers.  Same SU sentiment stamp.

Aren't they both so talented?  Since I recently started my hobby, we didn't make cards or scrap together when they were younger.  There were other crafts such as the Magic Oven, dough ornaments, and puff painted tee-shirts.  It would have been fun to have been scrapping together all that time.  But it's something new and fun for us to do together now.

17 comments:

Pryn said...

Love that gorgeous card Helene! Your layering looks perfect! I love the idea of adding the stickles to her gown. If you are going to a ball you need to sparkle right?

Your daugthers' cards are fabulous! Each one different. You all must have had so much fun together!!!

Terry said...

Beautiful card! The images are gorgeous! I would not have a clue how to do that!!! Hey I just figured out how to blog! Wonderful work the two young ladies created. Great for them to show an interest in art!

Lori said...

Wow, that digi is fabulous! Great work incorporating the two formats, you rock! And the "newbie" cards are spectacularly awesome!

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

I think the first card, is beautifully haunting... I like how you used the buttons on the last card! That's something I can learn...

Scrapamum said...

Those cards are all fabulous!!! thanks for sharing Helene!!!

D said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun! These cards are delightful! I just love the romance of the first one. So beautiful :)

Yvonne said...

Oh, I love these little flowers!

Kay F said...

What pretty cards...they all have thier own unique style. I especially like the owl card--I'm a big fan of owls...

Jeanette said...

This is such a lovely card. Beautiful combination of images. You did a great job on layering. I love the girl's cards.

I'm so glad that you thought to share with Soartful.

Unknown said...

The talent definitely passed down to them! Those cards are very cute and your card is awe-inspiring!

Betty Anne said...

All three of the cards are fantastic. So glad you and your girls got to scrap together.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Those cards are all beautiful - TFS.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Carla said...

What adorable cards......

Unknown said...

Did you change your blog? I like it! Love your cards! I really need to do more of those and you have inspired me to try!!

Unknown said...

Loving the didgi work you have done wouldn't know where to start lol lovely images though, thanx for the link will pop by. and your DDs did exceptional work for first timers and love that you can all play together with this.

Love Dawn xx

bethchien said...

pretty and adorable cards!
thanks so much for your comment on my BMS post! :D
B

scrappygal said...

Beautiful cards!!! Wonderful work!!!!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album