Saturday, February 27, 2010

Inchies

Here is another project from last Saturday's Stampers' Retreat in Springfield. The club members came up with this cute idea to make a frame with inchies.  This was the last of my four workshops that day.  I was tired and this one was time consuming.  I ended up working like a dog on this project yet was the last attendee out of the building.  The wood frame is from the dollar bin which I painted blue and edged with a silver leafing pen.  The inside is a sheet of aluminum foil run through an embosser, a double mat, with stamped and heat embossed trees, and my favorite part--a painted, decorated match box with a surprise acrylic dog inside.   I spent way too much time selecting my stamps for all 18 pre-cut inchies. After I stamped them, I colored them and then finished with a green crayon color wash.  The final step was gluing them onto the frame. 
I think this is a really sweet project.  I have some inchie stamps of  vintage children's faces. I think that would work up into a cute frame for a baby gift.
It seems to me that inchies were a rather popular topic these past two weeks because I saw them showcased on several sites.  I jumped on the bandwagon and did my last  Queen Kat Designs Stampin' Saturday Technique post on the topic of inchies.  To see it, click on QKD.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Helen, your frame is gorgeous!!! Love those inchies...def looks like it was time consuming!!!

deb famularo said...

I think this may be the cutest inchies project I have seen. This is adorable, and very clever! You make me want to try this!! But I've never embossed a thing in my life!
And thank you btw for leaving a comment on Lisa's blog- I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!!! xOxO

Clare Lloyd said...

great card and love the inchies idea. clareX

Lori said...

Worked like a dog, I get it! he he very funny! I can attest to the fact that you were very persistent on this one. Mine is still in pieces. Of course, you can tell that you are a perfectionist, because every inchie is PERFECT. This is way cool. So fun!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album