Saturday, February 6, 2010

Altered Glass Jar

This weekend, I'm participating in an on-line Valentine Crop at Pages in Time.  I'm plugging away at the challenges, one at a time.  Here is my first one--the altered item.
I also moderate a group at Pages in Time called Hybrid and Altered Artists.  Several of us have been talking about altering our embellishment containers.  I used today's challenge to finally get mine done.

I took a very pretty image from the Graphics Fairy and Modge Podged it to the front of my glass jar.  I had distresssed it with scissors and ink so that it would look like a worn label. When I covered the image with MP so that it'd hold up longer, a little of the ink smeared, but I like the effect--it now looks old. 
Since this is a working container, holding my flowers, I decorated the lid so that it would be functional.  Ribbons, flowers and the butterfly were items I already had on hand.
I love how the little girl looks like she's holding some flowers for me to use on my projects.

5 comments:

deb famularo said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG
Okay!!!
This is my NEW favorite thing of yours! I want it! I think you need to do more of these!!!!!! xOxO

Lisa Smith said...

That is beautiful! You have such talent!! Hope all is well in your life. =)

Lori said...

This is great, Helene! Love the image! Looks great with your flowers!

Roxy said...

Just gorgeous!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

What a gorgeous jar!!! I love all the embellishments you used, they go so well with that image! Thanks so much for linking this one up to "Brag Monday".

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album