Saturday, January 30, 2010

Altered BINGO Card for SSHP16 and Brag Monday at the Graphics fairy


Saturday Spotlight


Faded photographs covered now with lines and creases; Tickets torn in half; Memories in bits and pieces; traces of love long ago..... I hope you enjoy the vintage music while you read my blog.

It all started with a simple game of BINGO on Angela H's blog.  But she threw in a twist--to cover my words, I had to alter a BINGO card and post it.  Then I read that the Saturday Spotlight challenge (Bigger is Better) is to use something oversized in a project.  Last week I had shopped at Red Lead in St. Louis and purchased a chipboard heart and matching diecut patterned paper. (I coated the paper heart with Rock Candy Stickles for a crackle effect--my first attempt at this technique.)  The heart definitely is oversized for this BINGO card!  I needed something to put on the heart and remembered this fabulous image downloaded from the Graphics Fairy.  The sentiment says, I am fully occupied! I distressed the edges of the image with scissors and then both black and brown inks.

The deets on the rest of the materials:  The BINGO card and B14 cover are the real thing--found at an auction. I stamped a cherub (Journaling set from Clear Art Stamps-Crafty Secrets) on the bottom right corner and colored him with various Copic markers.  I added ivory petite double Ruffled Crepe Trim (Birds of a Feather, Etsy), some gold scrap foil, Maya Road ribbon (striped to match his shirt), a copper Lacey Leaf, and a Making Memories Love Note ticket.  I used lots of Tim Holtz for Ranger distress inks: fired brick, tea dye, vintage photo, and black soot.  I'm not sure of the source of the red flower or of the tiny black bead on the umbrella.

If you care to leave a comment, please let me know if you think I should make this project into a wall hanging with a black wire hanger, or if I should make it into a card by putting it on black cardstock.  Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This ROCKS!!!! I think you should make it into a wall hanging. This would look so nice on a wall. Wonderful and simply beautiful!!

snaps to you GF!!

Denise said...

This is just beautiful!! I am loving it! Have you posted this at Pages?? If not you should..everyone will fall in love with this!!

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh ... this is AWESOME!!! I just LOVE vintage and you've certainly done an amazing, lovely job with this creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week! We do hope to see you again next challenge!!

Penny said...

girl! I want to scrap like you!!! This rocks!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Helene, this is fabulous!!! Hmmm... it would work as either, just depends on what you want to do with it.

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Thanks for droppin by...
I love what you did with the rock candy... does it give the same effect as crackling accents? I have yet to try it...

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Love it! So many beautiful embellishments! I'm going to have to look for that rock candy stuff, that really looks fun to play with. Thanks so much for linking another wonderful piece to "Brag Monday".

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I vote for the card! Very pretty! Love the details you added.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this card - especially the treatment you did to the heart. Beautiful!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Everything goes so beautifully together!

Lori said...

I'm partial to wall hangings, so I say WALL HANGING! This is SPECTACULAR! I LOVE IT! I WANT IT! lol

Anonymous said...

OH wow!! This is just GORGEOUS!! I love your images and the way you've interpreted this challenge is just AWESOME!! Thanks so much for joining along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

deb famularo said...

This is sooo pretty, definitely do the black wire hanger- that would look awesome!!!!! xOxO Did I see you mentioned on Inspire Me???

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful vintage feel on this Bingo card; your BIG embellishments are perfect! It would be perfect gracing so many different projects. Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the hearth. Thankyou for nice comment in my blog.
Wishing you a nice weekend.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album