Friday, September 18, 2009

MMSC19



Here's this week's Midnight Madness sketch challenge (#19). I used the Apple Days stamp from Queen Kat Designs. I didn't have an oval cutter large enough to provide the background for the stamp so I used my craft knife (a tool I haven't quite mastered) and an oval template. I swiped, across my craft mat, five different colors of Ranger Distress Ink, used my water mister to blend, and then dragged the oval though the ink. Once the oval dried, I misted it with gold Perfect Pearls. I used black tuxedo Memento ink to stamp the apple tree image. Then I got out my Adirondack Metallic gold Dabber acrylic paint and edged the oval as well as painted some copper German scrap. I finished by layering everything together with fiber, flowers, leaves, and ribbon. I took the photo out in the sun, hoping you can see all of the shimmer. This also is my Saturday post on the QKD blog.

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

Ooooooooooo what a wonderful take on the sketch and I really love the vintage feel to it. So many textures and beautiful color blends. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges and be sure to stop by for the blog hop tomorrow.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Phyllis said...

WOW!! What a beautiful card. Love that beautiful hand created background. Great job!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for coming out to play with us this week. We will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Just wonderful. I love image of the apple tree is enhanced by the fibers. What a fabulous idea that is intriguing and fascinating to look at. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at MMSC. We sure do appreciate it!

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! I love the background you created behind the tree!! What a great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!!

Sue McMahon said...

Beautiful colors with the black tree! Very nice!! Thank you for joining us this week and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMDT Member

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

This is such a pretty take on the sketch! Gorgeous coloring and details. Thank you for joining us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

PS: Good luck with the blog candy drawing!!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album