Thursday, August 27, 2009

What a Hero!


I made this card for my dh who's always willing to lend a helping hand--a true hero to many of us in the 'boro. He removed a four foot snake from a pontoon boat so that we gals could enjoy our girls' night out boat ride. He rescued our ds when his car broke down--and got it repaired for him. After our last damaging wind storm, he got out the chain saw and removed huge branches that had fallen in our neighbor's yard. He remade and painted a cabinet for my craft room so that I have a place just the right height to stamp. He helped his nephew rebuild his front steps. And now he's repairing the dock for his sister. I could go on and on..... But instead, here's what I made in his honor. It all started when I was surfing the Midnight Madness site and saw that McMahon Five designs.com was a sponsor and offering some free digital downloads. I couldn't believe how perfect the quote was! I printed it out on My Mind's Eye patterned paper and used a paper frame from my stash. I chose What's New Club patterned paper from A2Z Essentials for the card background. Then I used the My Hero stamp from Queen Kat Designs, pleated some black ribbon and used foam squares to make a medal. To complete the card, I used some Tim Holtz products: Idea-ology Findings sprocket gears and game spinners (to point to my hero) and Harlequin Grungeboard stars (with some copper Perfect Pearls) and; Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, and for the big finish, my favorite TH stamp from Stampers Anonymous. (Check my sidebar for links to the sites I mentioned.)
And just to show you what a great guy my dh is, look at this fantastic find that he picked up for me today!
You gotta luv him!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Hi, Helene! That is a gorgeous card. Your hubby sounds like such a wonderful person. Aren't we so lucky to find these wonderful men to marry? *wink*

Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. Super appreciate them! =)

*hugs*
Nina

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous! And I want that thing your husband found you! What a find!!!!

Linda
Great to see you yesterday.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album