Saturday, July 18, 2009

Take a Journey This Stampin' Saturday: My post on today's QKD blog

For this Stampin' Saturday, I'm swiping ink pads and spritzing water. Here's a pic of the supplies so that you can see how the tag went from plain to painted. I started with a craft stock tag. I swiped across it (as if you're making a rainbow) Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger in faded jeans, spiced marmalade, and brushed corduroy. Then I spritzed the entire tag with water until I liked how the ink blended. I used a paper towel to dab off the excess water. After the tag dried, I spritzed it again with gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water to make it shimmer. By making several at the same time, I have ready made backgrounds for future projects.

I'm using the QKD Paradise Found stamp set that was released this month. I stamped the palm trees across the bottom of the tag. I ripped out a calendar from an old appointment book, distressed it, stamped on it the take a journey sentiment, and stapled it to the tag. For a well-traveled look, distress the edges of the tag with scissors or a distress tool, then use some distress ink on a foam pad to soften the edges. A black foam airplane from American Crafts, a flower from a lei purchased at a dollar-type store layered with smaller flowers and a brad, and some ribbon complete the tag. I picture this tag on top of a bon voyage gift, as an element in a mini album, or as an embellishment on a scrapbook page layout. Have a great weekend. See you back here next Saturday. Helene

Your viewing the text and photos that I posted today on the Queen Kat Designs blog. As a Design Team member, I post there every Saturday. You can click on the QKD robot in the bar to the right for a direct link to the site. Check out the postings from the other QKD Design Team members!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album